Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Oshawa Fury 2010


I was on a bus coming home from Windsor when I heard a loud ringing sound echoing through the air. I eventually realised it was coming from my pocket, so I hastily reached in and pulled out my phone. It was one of the guys I had gone to the Oshawa Fury tryouts with, calling to ask about a game we had the next day. Near the end of our conversation, he told me I had made the Oshawa team, but he sounded like he was lying so I didn't believe him. As soon as I made it home, I ran to my computer and logged on to my email account. The email at the top of my list was from the coach of the team. My heart was racing. This is the moment that all those months of training and practicing had come down to. I opened the email and right in front of me was the roster for the 2010 season. As i went down the list, I couldn't believe the names i was reading. There were ex-Canadian professional players, an ex-American professional player and semi professional players from all around Ontario. I surely thought the guy who had called me was a liar, there was no way in my mind i could be playing along side these great players. I was nearing the end of the list when, sandwhiched between two other names, I saw my own. I was jumping for joy and had the biggest grin on my face, one that wouldn't leave my face if I tried. This year is going to be a great season, I just know it.


Until next time,

lilcutie38

2 comments:

  1. Congrats lilcutie! That's great news! Love the blog! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's great that you made the team! Congratulations !!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete